Scheduling Configuration Backups
It is a good idea to regularly backup your ThinManager configuration. This allows you have a copy in case of emergency. It is possible to use the ThinManager Scheduling function to automatically backup your configuration to disk.
- Open the ThinManager Server Configuration Wizard by right clicking on the green ThinMan icon at the top of the ThinManager tree and selecting Modify.
- Navigate to the System Schedule page and select the Edit Schedule button to launch the Event Schedule window.
Event Schedule Window
- Select “system” in the Select Event Category drop-down and select the Add button to launch the Schedule window.
- Select Backup Configuration Database in the Event Type drop-down.
- Select a time for backup, either a regular day or interval, and a time. A weekly after hours backup is fine.
- Select the OK button to accept the schedule.
The task will be displayed in the Event Schedule window.
ThinManager will create a file called as ThinManagerConfigBackup_YYY_MM_DD_hh_dd and put it in the ThinManager folder, normally %PROGRAMFILES%\Automation Control Products\ThinManager.
If you have a synchronized pair it will put it in the folder on the master ThinServer as shown on the Synchronization tab.